- Q.)How is my gold value determined?
- A.)The karat grade of gold is first assessed using professional gold testing equipment, such as X-Ray Fluorescence, and Electro-Chemical Processing. Then the gold is weighed and the combination of its purity (karat) and weight helps us identify the current market value. Market value is based on the NY Spot Rate of Gold for that day.
- Q.)How do you account for non-gold items such as gemstones or diamonds?
- A.)At our gold parties, or our showroom in Mobile, we do our best to remove and give back to you all diamonds and gemstones. If you mail in your items, we will make an offer on the entire value of your items. We buy diamonds and gemstones at wholesale prices. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Q.)What if I decide I don't want to sell my gold jewelry once at the gold party?
- A.)You have absolutely no obligation to sell the jewelry you bring to the showroom or gold party and there is no pressure to do so.
- Q.)What is the turn around time to receive payment for my mailed in gold?
You can expect to receive a check in
the mail within 3-7 days from the date our offer is
accepted. For overnight payment by mail, shipping charges will be deducted from offer amount, not to exceed $20.
- Q.)What happens to my gold once I sell it?
- A.)Once we buy your gold, it will go to our partner refinery where it's melted down and used again. We reuse and recycle!
- Q.)How do I invite people to my gold party?
- A.)Phone calls, personal email invitations, e-vites, FACEBOOK, printed invitations, mailed letters or in-person invites are all effective means of communication and will help you manage the process. Once you have the gold party scheduled, create and print custom invitations straight from our website! Create Invitations Now!
- Q.)Can I invite people through social media, advertising or fliers?
- A.) Your safety is paramount and to ensure it, we ask that you not promote or advertise your gold party through public forums. This will prevent strangers from showing up at your home or event where valuable items are available. Please invite as many friends, family, coworkers and good friends of friends. Creating an "event" on Facebook is recommended.
- Q.)How much do you pay per gram?
- A.)The actual price is based on karat grade (10K, 14K, etc.), total weight of the gold and the current price based on the day's market price. We pay on a per pennyweight (dwt) price point, and not by the gram weight. Many pawn shops, coin dealers and less reputable jewelry stores or gold buyers use the gram which gives the misconception of higher value.
- Q.)Do you have a location I can sell my gold, silver or platinum?
- A.)Yes. Our showrooms are located in Mobile and Daphne in Alabama. We also have locations in North Charleston and Summerville in South Carolina. You can host a gold party at our location, or stop in for a private appointment or FREE Appraisal. Walk-Ins are always welcome. Open Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm!